Frequently Asked Questions
When will I begin to see results from a PRP treatment?
Skin rejuvenation typically takes four treatments, and each of these treatment sessions needs to be spaced four to six weeks apart. Acne scars can be healed in two to four treatment sessions.
Are there any side effects or possible risks to PRP injections?
Some of the known side effects include bruises, inflammation, swelling, and redness. The risk of infection and scarring is reduced due to the use of the patient’s own blood. However, complications can occur and include, but are not limited to the listed below:
- Pain or itching at the treatment site
- Bleeding, bruising, swelling, and/or infection
- Short-lasting pinkness/redness (flushing) of the skin
- Allergic reaction to the post-treatment serum
- Injury to nerve and/or muscle
- If you have a history of herpes simplex or cold sores, an outbreak is possible so please inform your nurse beforehand.
How long do results from PRP injections last?
After you are done with the required treatments for your case the results stay for a year or two depending on each case. Each year you can redo some treatments to regain the full effect from previous treatments.